The Cash Posting & Collection Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely posting of receivables and follow-up of private pay accounts. The Cash Posting and Collection Specialist are responsible for monitoring delinquent accounts to begin and finalize the collection process. The Specialist actively promotes our financial assistance program for patients unable to pay their accounts. Completes a yearly Medicare Bad Debt report. Works with members of the healthcare team to assure collaborative approach is maintained in care and treatment of the patient and information. Multi-tasking, self-motivation, organization skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced productive-oriented environment are required. Actively participates in the department’s performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist Patient Service Representative when necessary.
- Assist hospital Cash Posting & Collection Specialist when necessary.
- Greeting customers and patients in professional manner.
- Accurately posts all receivables.
- Receives credit card payments.
- Accurate & timely follow-up of private pay accounts.
- Actively promotes our financial assistance program for patients unable to pay their accounts.
- Process #1 collection letter for delinquent accounts following our billing and collection policy.
- Process final notice letters for delinquent accounts following our billing and collection policy.
- Sending accounts to collection agency per our billing and collection policy protocols.
- Completes yearly Medicare Bad Debt report.
- Complies with all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Business Office Manager, administrative staff and co-workers.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized in stressful situations.
- Maintain confidentiality – in accordance with hospital and HIPAA regulations.
- Is a resource to co-workers within Blue Mountain Hospital District.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Excellent customer service skills and phone manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and positive patient experience.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- High work ethic, Low Absenteeism, attends staff meetings and other mandatory trainings as required.
Education, Experience & Certification/Licensure
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge
- Medical Terminology Courses.
- Clerical and Office experience in hospital or healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, electronic medical records and electronic healthcare systems.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA).
For More Information, Contact
Holly Thompson, Human Resources
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce and Discover John Day pages at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/