Why Blue Mountain Hospital District?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, and a Care Center. BMHD offers a wide range of services, one of them being General and Emergency Surgery. Our Surgery Team is essential for our patients and serves the needs of many in our Rural community. Join our family-like team in beautiful Eastern Oregon!
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in the Heart of Grant County in the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and lower lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
For more information on our Rural and Remote area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic patient care and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse or RN in charge of the unit. Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of the BMHD.
- Provides direct patient care in the hospital nursing departments within the certified nursing assistant’s scope of practice (CNA I or CNA II).
- Assists with patient care in all nursing departments as needed
- Ability to communicate to the RN any observed change in patient status and responses such as pain, vital signs or intake and output.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of patient.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
- Provides explanation to patient and family prior to administering care to patient and answers question within scope of practice.
- Maintains technical skills and knowledge by attending CNA skills workshops, completing computer based training assignments and other required trainings.
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the nursing departments as assigned by the Nursing Department Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Expresses excellent judgment, discretion and decision making abilities.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and positive patient experience.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, CMS, National Patient Safety Goals and continued readiness related to healthcare or hospital standards.
- Must maintain current BLS certification and recertify prior to expiration date.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of output without sacrificing quality.
- Able to demonstrate and maintain consistent and efficient performance.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain appropriate technical skills to effectively chart in the electronic medical record system.
- Displays the ability to demonstrate leadership, managerial, good interpersonal relationships and the application of sound administrative principles.
- Ability to communicate to effectively, both orally and written through e-mail.
- Displays an understanding of electronic healthcare systems.
- Proficiency with Gmail and Google Applications.
- Is knowledgeable of equipment within the units such as lifts, patient beds, chairs and (glucometers CNA II).
- Establish & maintain solid work relationships, through communication, cooperation, and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
- Approachability – build rapport by making the effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers.
- Listening – practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
- Problem Solving – work with others to prevent problems & find a solution when issues arise.
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directives to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Exhibit professional behavior while being caring and compassionate.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of the internal customer. Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern and respect for others. Act with the patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern and respect for others. Act with the patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times by adhering to the federal HIPAA regulations.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Director of Nursing Services
Education & Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Minimum of six (6) months to one (1) year of related work experience.
- Preferred: Working experience in a Hospital Setting.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Active and unencombered Certified Nursing Assistant Licensure through the Oregon State Board of Nursing
For more information, contact:
Shae Voigt, Coordinator – Human Resources
(541) 575-3820 | email@example.com