Why Blue Mountain Hospital District?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is comprised of a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, and a 40-bed Intermediate Care Center. Join our family-like team in beautiful Eastern Oregon!
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in the Heart of Grant County in the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and lower lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go-to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
For more information on our Rural and Remote area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
Blue Mountain Hospital District seeks a Chief Financial Officer who will provide leadership, financial oversight and direction to ensure the overall fiscal responsibility and financial well-being of the organization. The CFO will be an integral part of the senior leadership team responsible for accounting functions, budgets, financial risk management, financial statements and reporting on financial performance.
The CFO reports directly to hospital’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CFO will oversee all areas related to patient accounting and revenue cycle management for the hospital. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of revenue and cash management processes including billing, collections, coding, medical records, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial reporting, month-end close processes etc. The CFO will also oversee materials management and the information systems of the facility with strong centralized support from the Corporate Office. The candidate should also possess the skills to analyze and complete financial budgets, Medicare cost reports, managed care contracts and internal/external audits. The incumbent must also have knowledge of coding and third-party regulations.
The responsibilities of the CFO include, but are not limited to.
- The successful candidate must be “multi-task oriented” and have a proven background in small hospital experience and involved in the details.
- Preferred CAH or PPS
- Cost reporting – Medicare cost based reimbursement “knowledge of how everything works”
- ACA Compliance Reporting; Working Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements – CMS, Reimbursement, Charge Master, Financial Systems. Prior ADP and Accounts Receivable knowledge.
- Exposure to Home Health, Hospice, Ambulance/EMS, Nursing Home and Clinic Operations.
- Overall financial operations of the acute-care facility including accounting, budgetary, audits, tax and other financial planning activities within the hospital organization; including management of respective department heads
- Working with system management to develop and implement policies and procedures, short- and long-range goals, objectives and plans.
- Providing financial leadership to hospital managers, directors and officers that will enroll support, create ownership of goals, and encourage active participate in decisions that impact the hospital
- Ensuring the hospital meets necessary financial regulatory and compliance requirements
- Contributing financial expertise in the planning of new services that generate additional sources of profitable revenue
- Supervise and coordinate departmental operations and personnel in accordance with BMHD standards
with those departments assigned.
- Supervise payroll, payroll taxes, and other reporting to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Coordinate the monthly completion of Productivity Reports for management to include staff contract
hours and statistics by department.
- Analyzing areas in planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities
- Representing the hospital at meetings including medical staff, hospital board of director meetings as well as relevant community meetings as needed
- Participating in the hospital’s monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office meetings as deemed necessary
- Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain appropriate technical skills to effectively support the electronic financial system. Displays a thorough understanding of electronic financial systems.
- Displays a thorough understanding of Microsoft Google Calendar, Gmail, Excel, PDF, Encrypting, keyboarding, and reporting.
- Displays a thorough competency in completing and submitting electronic forms.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution. (Master’s degree preferred).
- Previous Hospital CFO experience required.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff and community.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in leadership role.
For more information, contact:
Shae Voigt, Coordinator – Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 575-3820