Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
Perform screening duties for all patients and visitors of the Hospital and Clinic to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 with the facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Greets all patients and visitors entering the facility through the main entrance of the Hospital.
- Gather mandatory screening questions responses.
- Perform temperature checks on all personnel entering building.
- Enforce patient/visitor masking requirements.
- Maintains and protects patient information and confidentiality.
- Assists patients in locating appointment areas.
- Sanitizes work area frequently.
- Sanitizes thermometer between each screened personnel.
- Maintains a clean and organized working area.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with team members, patients, visitors and family members.
- Effective customer service and public communication skills.
- Friendly demeanor, but firm and consistent on enforcing rules.
- Knowledge of confidentiality concepts and requirements.
- Must be able to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as a face mask, gloves, or gown for entirety of shift.
- Prefer 6 months of customer service experience.
- Have a High School diploma or GED Equivalent.
170 Ford Road, John Day, OR 97845
For more information, contact:
Holly Thompson, Human Resources Generalist
firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 575-3820