Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
When assigned, assumes responsible for the daily operations of foodservice department, according to facility policy and procedures and federal/state regulations. Provides leadership and guidance to ensure that food quality, safety standards, and client expectations are satisfactorily met. Maintains records of department personnel, income and expenditures, food, supplies, inventory levels, and equipment. Provides nutritional assessments and develops appropriate plans in cooperation with the Registered Dietitian and in compliance with physician orders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Clerical support as assigned:
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner.
- Takes messages accurately and responds to inquiries appropriately
- Organizes and files documents and correspondence accurately, on a timely basis
- Monitors marketing effectiveness
- Complies will all applicable company policies and procedures
- Demonstrates ability to order supplies
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the administrative staff and co-workers
- Is a resource person to co-workers
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized in stressful situations
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality
- Actively participates in and supports the continuous quality improvement program
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the Food & Nutrition Services as assigned by the Dietary Supervisor and RD
Foodservice management duties as assigned:
- Specify standards and procedures for preparing food
- Participate in menu planning, including responding to client preferences, substitution lists, therapeutic diets, and industry trends.
- Inspect meals and assure that standards for appearance, palatability, temperature, and serving times are met
- Manage the preparation and service of special nourishments and supplemental feedings.
- Assure that foods are prepared according to production schedules, menus and standardized recipes.
Food safety duties as assigned:
- Assure safe receiving, storage, preparation, and service of food
- Protect food in all phases of preparation, holding, service, cooking, and transportation, using HACCP Guidelines.
- Prepare cleaning schedules and maintain equipment to ensure food safety.
- Ensure proper sanitation and safety practices of staff.
Nutrition and Medical Nutrition Therapy duties as assigned:
- Process new diet orders and diet changes; keep diet cards updated.
- Complete the assigned MDS section according to required timeline.
- Determine client diet needs and develop appropriate dietary plans in cooperation with the RD and in compliance with physicians’ orders.
- Review plan of care related to nutritional status; document concerns that can be resolved, improved, or addressed to improve client’s nutrition assessment and plan of care.
- Support registered dietitian duties as needed
Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of output without sacrificing quality.
- Able to demonstrate and maintain consistent and efficient performance.
- Able to work with small products with repetitive motion and dexterity required.
Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain appropriate technical skills to effectively support the following programs: NETIMPAC (menus), NDPP (data entry), Healthland (charge entry), etc.
Establish & maintain solid work relationships, through communication, cooperation, and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
- Approachability – build rapport by making the effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers.
- Listening – practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
- Problem Solving – work with others to prevent problems & find a solution when issues arise.
Exhibit professional behavior while being caring and compassionate.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of the internal customer. Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern and respect for others. Act with the patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality – in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
Effective Use of Resources
Maximize the resources while minimizing waste and controlling expenses. This includes the effective use of work time and supplies, working safely, following established work practices, and seeking ways to improve operations.
- Improvement – recommend procedures that reduce costs and streamline operations while improving quality.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional work area.
Self-motivated and contribute to new ideas.
- Improvements – initiate improvements and apply new methods of working to help achieve goals.
- Learning on the go – develop an action plan when facing new problems, and be open to change.
- Reports to the Certified Dietary Manager and Registered Dietitian for daily duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
- Graduate of Dietary Manager’s Program, 2-yr, or 4-yr food-service program
- Successful completion of Certified Dietary Manager exam
- Prior experience in healthcare foodservice preferred.
- Clerical work experience preferred.