The Human Resources Director will perform duties as assigned in accordance with state, federal and local laws and regulations. The Human Resources Director is responsible for overseeing all human resources issues including staffing, staff relations, orientation and development, compensation and benefits. Directs the Human Resources Department, is a resource person for the department, and develops and recommends human resources practices and procedures that assist in the growth of the organization. Participates, reviews and recommends continuous improvement for performance management and improvement and quality improvement (CQI) activities.
|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Collaborates with Administration to determine salaries, compensation issues and other human resources policies and procedures.
- Consults with all levels of administration in the facility; assesses training needs, chooses learning strategies, customizes material and evaluates the effectiveness of the material.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the facility’s history, mission, services and organizational structure.
- Consults with all levels of administration including legal counsel, community and governmental representatives.
- Consults with all levels of administration to lead and ensure all associate safety, welfare, wellness and health programs are effective.
- Understands the BMHD goals and budget and manages Human Resources programs accordingly.
- Develops and evaluates recruiting resources and strategies including interviewing, screening qualified applicants, informing in-house applicants of open positions, performing background checks, and pre-employment drug screenings and physicals. All offerings must foster BMHD’s culture of fairness, inclusion and the goal of mutual success for associate and BMHD.
- Conducts onboarding for new employees to include reviewing benefits and BMHD employee handbook.
- Develops and maintains a list of job descriptions for the organization.
- Maintains personnel files in accordance with Oregon regulations and policies, and BMHD policies.
- Conducts exit interviews and processes documents according to BMHD policies.
- Maintains employee confidentiality
Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of output without sacrificing quality.
|§ Able to demonstrate and maintain consistent and efficient performance.
§ Ability to handle multiple assignments, balance priorities, makes decisions quickly.
§ Able to work with small products with repetitive motion and dexterity required.
Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain appropriate technical skills to effectively support the electronic record system.
|§ Proficiency with understanding of electronic programs necessary for Human Resource Director.
§ Proficiency with Microsoft Google Calendar, Gmail, Excel, PowerPoint, keyboarding, and reporting.
Establish & maintain solid work relationships through communication, cooperation, and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
|§ Approachability – build rapport by making the effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers.
§ Listening – practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
§ Problem Solving – work with others to prevent problems & find a solution when issues arise.
Exhibit professional behavior while being caring and compassionate.
|§ Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of the internal customer.
§ Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern and respect for others. Act with patient care and patient safety in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
§ Maintain confidentiality – in accordance with the BMHD policies and HIPAA regulations.
Effective Use of Resources
Maximize the resources while minimizing waste and controlling expenses. This includes the effective use of work time and supplies, working safely, following established work practices, and seeking ways to improve operations.
|§ Improvement – recommend procedures that reduce costs and streamline operations while improving quality. Analyzes relevant market factors, including compensation packages, shift differential and sign on bonuses.
§ Maintain neat, clean and professional work area.
Self motivated and contribute to new ideas.
|§ Improvements – initiate improvements and apply new methods of working to help achieve goals.
§ Learning on the go – develop an action plan when facing new problems, and be open to change.
|§ Directs and supervises personnel as assigned to the position.|
|§ Assigns job functions and special projects to assigned personnel as necessary to carry out job duties.
§ Attends facility meetings, prepares reports and analyzes and provides recommendations in a timely and
§ Responsible for performance improvement activities in the department.
§ Interacts with department directors/managers on a wide range of staff performance issues, evaluations.
§ Reviews all terminations and written disciplinary actions before they are carried out to ensure the facility’s policies and procedures are met.
§ Mediates conflicts between employees and management to resolve misunderstanding, facilitate communication to promote effective working relationships.
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer for daily duties and for global direction of BMHD organization.
|KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:|
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Human Resources Management (all departments).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
|§ Expresses excellent judgment, discretion and decision making abilities.|
|§ Maintains a sensitive, fair and impartial approach to dealing with employees.|
|§ Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.|
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local registration relating to Human Resources, i.e., Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, Wage and Hour and Workers’ Compensation.
Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Resources and four years human resources experience, or very related experience, i.e. employee relations manager, benefits manager, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have at least 3 years in a leadership position in Healthcare
Preferred: Master’s Degree
Experience with Human Resources Management in the hospital/healthcare setting.
Required: Basic Life Support
Preferred: SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential