This Environmental Services Technician is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitazion to high-touch areas in the hospital in efforts to keep infections and diseases lessened for the safety of healthcare workers and patients.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform daily high-touch area cleaning and sanitation of all areas within the facility according to standards, procedures and best practices as set forth by the Environmental Services Department.
- Adheres to Infection Control standards set by the Blue Mountain Hospital District.
- Works a schedule as set by the Support Services Director or Lead Environmental Services Technician for hospital need.
- Willing to take rotational call, must be available after hours, varied shifts, holidays, and on weekends when/if scheduled.
- May be expected to work beyond scheduled working hours as workload necessitates.
- Accomplishes housekeeping, laundry and linen duties as needed or assigned.
- Assures that adequate supplies are maintained in assigned cleaning areas.
- Assures compliance with applicable standards and requirements set by Blue Mountain Hospital, CMS, Infection Control, and Internal Housekeeping Policies.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of output without sacrificing quality.
- Must interact with the Public, Patients and Co-workers in a friendly positive manner.
- Is expected to be responsive to housekeeping, laundry needs and requests.
- Follows chain of command when addressing issues or concerns that arise
- Must use safety equipment and methods as directed by the Lead Environmental Services Technician, Infection Control Officer, Safety Officer or Support Services Manager.
- Must wear Hospital-Issued scrubs or proper attire when on duty for infection control, when in surgical suites such as the Operating Rooms, surgical hallway, and central supply.
- Must comply with all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) assigned for specific cleaning of Hospital areas.
- Must exhibit a high level of teamwork, communication, collaboration and customer services to all team members and patients.
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent, valid drivers license
$12.50 – $13.50 per/hour depending on experience and competency.
For more information, contact:
Shae Voigt, Human Resources Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 575-3820