Environmental Services Technician: Infection Prevention/Laundry/Housekeeping | Full-Time
The Environment Services Technician works in the hospital housekeeping, laundry, and infection prevention department and is to follow established facility policies and procedures; in order to effectively perform duties assigned. Follow all safety guidelines in accordance with any State-mandated rules and regulations. Environmental Services Technician will adhere to appropriate precautions and techniques in each department in regards to hazardous chemicals, blood and body fluids, medical waste and/or equipment. Perform routine cleaning of patient rooms, patient care units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner. Establish and maintain solid work relationships through communication, cooperation and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Perform daily cleaning of all areas within the facility according to standards, procedures and best practices as set forth by the Environmental Services Department (Housekeeping and Laundry).
- Adheres to Infection Control standards set by the Blue Mountain Hospital District
- Works various schedules as set by the Support Services Director or Lead Environmental Services Technician.
- Willing to take rotational call, must be available after hours, varied shifts, holidays, and on weekends within 20 minutes of call when/if scheduled.
- May be expected to work beyond scheduled working hours as workload necessitates.
- Accomplishes housekeeping, laundry and linen duties.
- Assures that adequate supplies are maintained in assigned cleaning areas.
- Assures compliance with applicable standards and requirements set by Blue Mountain Hospital, CMS, Infection Control, and Internal Housekeeping Policies.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of output without sacrificing quality.
- Must interact with the Public, Patients and Co-workers in a friendly positive manner.
- Is expected to be responsive to housekeeping, laundry needs and requests.
- Follows chain of command when addressing issues or concerns that arise
- Must use safety equipment and methods as directed by the Lead, Environmental Services Technician, Infection Control Officer, Safety Officer and Facilities Manager.
- Must wear Hospital-Issued scrubs or proper attire when on duty for infection control, when in surgical suites, such as the Operating Rooms, surgical hallway, and central supply.
- Must comply with all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) assigned for specific cleaning or Hospital areas.
- Must exhibit a high level of teamwork, communication, collaboration and customer service to all team members and patients.
Education, Experience & Certification/Licensure
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
For More Information, Contact
Dalaney Tuholski, Human Resources Recruiter
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-640-6901
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce and Discover John Day pages at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/ and https://www.discoverjohnday.com/