Why Blue Mountain Hospital District?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, and an Intermediate Care Center. Join our family-like team in beautiful Eastern Oregon!
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in the Heart of Grant County in the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and lower lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
For more information on our Rural and Remote area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
The basic function of the Help Desk Support Technician is to troubleshoot issues with applications and hardware within the company. This position requires broad technical knowledge of PC troubleshooting, diagnostic testing and repair.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and assists in the resolution of user reported hardware/software problems, and makes repairs to personal computers, laptops, printers, and communication connections.
- Build and deploy new PC, laptop, and thin client hardware and software utilizing both approved Windows image tools as well as basic operating system media.
- Runs basic diagnostic tests.
- Liaison with vendors to troubleshoot/resolve major issues.
- Manages warranty and non-warranty service issues with third party vendors.
- Establish & maintain solid work relationships, through communication, cooperation, and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
- Approachability – build rapport by making the effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers.
- Listening – practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
- Dealing with ambiguity and change. Remain flexible and view new tasks or situations as opportunities.
- Problem Solving – work with others to prevent problems & find a solution when issues arise.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Working knowledge of operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, hardware and peripherals.
- Knowledge of how to operate and troubleshoot computer equipment
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Technical degree or equivalent education / experience in computer operations.
For more information on the position, please contact:
Chris Wall, Director – Information Technology
Shae Voigt, Coordinator – Human Resources