Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
Our LPN carries out nursing tasks as defined in standards of care and Oregon Nurse Practice Act. Works under the supervision of the RN in the role defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing and Blue Mountain Hospital. Follows current rules, regulations, policies and procedures that govern the nursing department. Works closely with CNAs in providing patient care, ensures that patient care flows as smoothly as possible on a daily basis, to meet urgent/emergent needs and expedite patient care. Maintains good public relations by interacting with patients, visitors, physicians and other staff members in a considerate, respectful and professional manner. Functions as the patient’s advocate at all times communicating frequently with the RN to ensure safety and needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct nursing care as assigned and allowed within Oregon Nurse Practice Act for an LPN
- Perform medication passes and treatments as assigned, ensuring medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled.
- Communicate with the RN all questions or concerns related to patient care and/or nursing processes.
- Document all care provided appropriately in the EHR.
- Document medications and treatments including prn’s with appropriate monitoring of outcome or response.
- Consult with the patient’s RN and physician for concerns regarding patient care.
- Report and provide appropriate interventions, follow-up and documentation when a patient experiences changes in skin condition or clinical condition.
- Make written and/or oral reports/recommendations to the DNS as necessary, concerning the operation of the Nursing Service Department.
- Reports all accidents, incidents, changes in patient status/condition/actions immediately. Document all pertinent information in EHR and pass information in shift reports.
- Assist in arranging appointments, transportation in conjunction with interdisciplinary team when necessary.
- Is familiar with and follows policy and procedures of facility to provide optimal care for the patients.
- Maintains compliance with education and facility mandatory education.
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
Education & Certification Requirements:
Licensed Practical Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
LPN License, in good standing with State of Oregon
For more information, contact:
Holly Thompson, Human Resources Generalist
firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 575-3820