Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
A Maintenance Specialist will perform duties as assigned for Blue Mountain Hospital. This includes maintaining property grounds, maintaining various equipment such as boilers, plumbing, and HVAC systems. Painting and patch work for offices and patient rooms. Must be willing and able to use the in-house ticketing system and follow a preventative maintenance (PM) schedule. All while maintaining professionalism and customer service.
Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Essentia Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of the BMHD.
- Perform building maintenance
- Basic computer skills to navigate email and ticketing system
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Basic carpentry
- Drywall patchwork
- Snow removal
- Comply with all OSHA regulations as well as all Safety and Environmental laws
- Grounds keeping
- Floor stripping and waxing
- Carpet cleaning
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the Maintenance department as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of output without sacrificing quality.
- Able to demonstrate and maintain consistent and efficient performance.
- Able to work with small products with repetitive motion and dexterity required.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Completes annual education requirements.
Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain appropriate technical skills to effectively support the maintenance team.
- Display an understanding of the facility’s learning management system and keeping required education up to date.
- Ability to communicate to effectively, both oral and written through e-mail, presentations etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Google Calendar, Gmail, Excel, PowerPoint, keyboarding, and reporting.
- Is knowledgeable of power tools and equipment.
- Completes orientation skills checklist assigned for departments.
Exhibit professional behavior while being caring and compassionate.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of the internal customer. Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern and respect for others. Act with the patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality – in accordance with HIPAA.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern and respect for others. Act with the patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times by adhering to the federal HIPAA regulations.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
Establish & maintain solid work relationships, through communication, cooperation, and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
- Approachability – build rapport by making the effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers.
- Listening – practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
- Problem Solving – work with others to prevent problems & find a solution when issues arise.
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directives to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Staff Meetings – Expected to attend departmental staff meetings and other meetings as required by administration.
Effective Use of Resources
Maximize the resources while minimizing waste and controlling expenses. This includes the effective use of work time and supplies, working safely, following established work practices, and seeking ways to improve operations.
- Improvement – recommend procedures that reduce costs and streamline operations while improving quality.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional work area.
Self motivated and contribute to new ideas.
- Improvements – initiate improvements and apply new methods of working to help achieve goals.
- Learning on the go – develop an action plan when facing new problems, and be open to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Expresses excellent judgment, discretion and decision making abilities.
- Maintains a sensitive, fair and impartial approach to dealing with employees.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and positive patient experience.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
- High work ethic, low absenteeism, attends staff meetings and other mandatory trainings as required.
Required: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Preferred: Working experience of 2 years but not required in maintenance or construction.