This position requires working with operational and clinical leaders across the organization to ensure that EHR and business workflows provide the best experience for staff and patients.
The Nurse Informaticist (NI) will combine their nursing/clinical knowledge and informatics expertise in the following areas:
- Electronic health record (EHR) implementation, adoption, optimization, education, and change management for nursing/clinical applications,
- The NI will operationalize EHR and business workflow changes that support business efficiency, quality improvement, and regulatory/policy requirements in coordination with the Directors of Quality, Information Technology, and Nursing Administration.
The goal of the NI is:
- Assist maintaining an information system and technology design that is as transparent as possible to our end users
- To operationalize EHR and business workflows supported by healthcare information technology that improves staff experience, business efficiency, and quality of patient care.
- Ensure that system deployment, maintenance, and performance improvements meet the need of the various nursing and clinical departments of the hospital district.
- Educate staff in relevant EHR workflows
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Acts as liaison between the clinical departments and IT, translating business processes into functional requirements for the Information Technology team and manages changes to such specifications.
- Collaborate with staff in researching, developing, selecting new technologies that will improve the clinical process and workflow.
- Assist in the design, management, and implementation of clinical content in the EHR.
- Assist with application implementation and system customization, including but not limited to the development of alerts/hard stops, data integration, order generation, automation of document entry, and enforcement of adherence to workflows.
- Document, analyze workflow processes, identify, and recommend opportunities to improve clinical and business processes
- Integrate clinical content design with care initiatives, usability principles, operational improvement, and industry standards for clinical care.
- Staff Development
- On-going oversight of EHR learning management systems and coordinating with supervisors and employees to ensure continuous education of features to help with adoption
- Educate staff and end-users on increasing usability and efficiency in the use of the EHR.
- Develop ideas, formulate and implement a plan for modifying training materials based on system changes as needed.
Planning & Coordinating
- Maintain an effective level of coordination on all assigned projects.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, and maintain issues lists.
- Strong documentation and organization skills to report on all procedures and projects undertaken.
- Effectively answers questions and/or concerns regarding the EHR system in a positive fashion.
- Keeps an objective focus in all interactions.
- Dedicated to meeting the internal customer’s expectations. Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern, and respect for others. Act with patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality – in accordance with hospital and HIPAA regulations.
- Interact effectively with the Information Technology team regarding equipment problems, application processing problems, requests for enhancements, and software updates.
- Approachability – build rapport by making an effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers.
- Listening – practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
- Problem-solving – work with others to prevent problems & find a solution when issues arise.
- Employee may be asked to provide coverage outside of their standard work schedule to provide coverage for go-lives or other special circumstances as determined by leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Experience building data-driven reports with Crystal Reports and Microsoft Report Builder is desired.
- Operational knowledge of clinical or revenue cycle processes in one or more areas of a hospital, clinic, or business office.
- Five years’ experience to include a combination of nursing practice or clinical practice and experience working with electronic health record systems.
- Familiarity with LEAN methodologies.
Education, Experience & Certification/ Licensure
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- License as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the Oregon State Board of Nursing
- BLS certification
- ACLS certification
- PALS certification
- TNCC certification
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Experience with Cerner
For More Information, Contact
Dalaney Tuholski, Human Resources Recruiter
email@example.com | 541-640-6901
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce and Discover John Day pages at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/ and https://www.discoverjohnday.com/