The BMHD Occupational Therapist will perform duties for improving a patient’s function in skilled occupational therapy care, working closely with patients to develop strategies to maximize independence & safety with activities of daily living, such as toileting, dressing, bathing, meal preparation & other household chores in order to resume valuable roles & responsibilities. Create individualized evaluations determining client/family goals & customized interventions to improve the person’s ability to perform activities accomplished through therapeutic use of activities or “occupations” in an evidenced-based practice deeply rooted in science. Skillfully identify necessary home modifications & safety equipment to reduce fall risk with a focus on adapting the environment & /or task to fit the patient’s current needs.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Promote the mission, vision and values of BMHD.
- Assists the physician in the evaluation, diagnosis, and prognosis of patient by applying muscle, nerve, joint, and functional ability testing. Develops the occupational therapy treatment plan based on these results and revises as necessary, assisting the physician in developing the plan of care for the patient.
- Treat patients safely to relieve pain, develop, or restore function to optimal ability. Directs and aids patients in active and passive exercises, muscle re-education, activities of daily living, transfer activities, functional training, prosthetic training, safety and education. Provides education for safe and effective participation in I/ADL’s implementing adaptations and modifications when appropriate.
- Provide ongoing assessment and analysis of patient functioning and progress. This therapy involves providing treatment which takes into account the risks and benefits of that treatment regime relevant to the patient’s medical condition, rehabilitation potential and prognosis.
- Provide timely and complete documentation following department guidelines and compliance requirements. Follows any indicated HIPPA, Medicare, Medicaid as well as state, organizational and department rules.
- Coordinate therapy activities with other health care disciplines. This includes coordinating services through consultation with appropriate agencies to ensure follow-up and continuing care as needed.
- Participate in quality and performance improvement activities within the department including but not limited to measurement and continuous improvement of clinical competency, regulatory compliance, outcome achievement, resource management, work team performance and customer satisfaction.
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the Rehabilitation Services Department as assigned by the Rehabilitation Services Manager.
Our Core Accountabilities are:
- Customer Service and the Patient Experience
- Team Work and Trust
- Productivity, Initiative and Self-Motivated
- Personal, Professional and Clinical Growth
- Technical Skills and Continued Education
- Bachelor and Master’s Degree
- Graduate from an Accredited School of Occupational Therapy
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association (AHA)
- Occupational Therapy license, in good standing with the State of Oregon
Prefer: 5-10 years of working OT experience in Outpatient, Inpatient, and School-Based Settings
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Team Member with BMHD!