Why Blue Mountain Hospital District?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, and an Intermediate Care Center. Join our family-like team in beautiful Eastern Oregon!
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in the Heart of Grant County in the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and lower lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
For more information on our Rural and Remote area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
The Outpatient Registrar is responsible for the accurate registration of patients seeking tests from the Lab, Radiology and RT departments. This includes accurate patient demographics, insurance verification, orders, authorization verification, and scanning and obtaining ABN’s for medical necessity. The registrar is responsible to collect co-pays at time of service and assist receptionist with answering the phone and receiving patient account payments as necessary. Works with members of the healthcare team to assure collaborative approach is maintained in care and treatment of the patient/for patient information. Multi-tasking, self-motivation, organization skills, and the ability to work in a fast paced productive-oriented environment are required. Actively participates in the department’s performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of the BMHD.
- Verify provider orders are correct for patient’s request of service.
- Enter and verify that all patient demographics and billing information is correctly entered and verified at time of check in. Attention to detail.
- Renaming orders and attaching to correct patient chart.
- Accurate scanning of orders, insurance cards and verifications.
- Use web tools to collect insurance information and eligibility for every patient.
- Verify prior authorization when necessary.
- Collect time of service co-pays per the Payment, Billing and Collection Policy.
- Assist receptionist with answering the phone.
- Complies with all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to all BMHD team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized in stressful situations.
- Maintain confidentiality – in accordance with hospital and HIPAA regulations.
- Is a resource to co-workers within Blue Mountain Hospital District.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and professionalism.
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and positive patient experience.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- High work ethic, low absenteeism.
Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred: Clerical and Office experience in hospital or healthcare environment. Working knowledge of medical terminology, release of information, electronic medical records and electronic healthcare systems, basic computer knowledge.
For more information, contact:
Shae Voigt, Coordinator – Human Resources