Why Blue Mountain Hospital District?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, and an Intermediate Care Center. Join our family-like team in beautiful Eastern Oregon!
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in the Heart of Grant County in the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and lower lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
For more information on our Rural and Remote area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
Under direct supervision, Clinic Receptionist/Office Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic including customer services, verifies patient demographics and insurance information. Clinic Receptionist meets the communication needs of the patient/family, office staff and the medical staff. Participates in performance improvement activities.
- The clinic receptionist/office assistant answers the telephone and greets patients in a professional and courteous manner; takes messages; directs calls to the appropriate staff members.
- Ensures services are provided in an effective and efficient manner when providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support.
- Registers all new patients in computer; gives new patients registration forms to complete.
- Verifies patient demographics and insurance information
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Maintains and supports a culture of safety and quality
- Collects co-payments and payments made on account, writes receipts, balances petty cash, makes bank deposits
- Schedules new and return appointments; explains registration process and gives directions to new patients; may explain procedure preparation to patients.
- Prints patients chart covers and checks insurance eligibilities, pulls next day charts, prepares registration packets for new patients.
- Scan in documents into appropriate folder in patient chart
- Maintains a good working relationship with office staff members and physicians
- Performs other duties as requested by Department Supervisor
- Approachability- Build rapport by making the effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers
- Listening- Practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
- Problem-solving – work with others to prevent problems and find a solution when issues arise with team members such as peers, leadership and physicians.
- Self-motivated and contribute to new ideas
- Improvements- initiate improvements and apply new methods of working to help achieve goals
- Learning on the go- develop an action plan when facing new problems, and be open to change
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines
- Knowledge of customer service concepts
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and writing
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment
- Completes annual education requirements
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the office
- Attends a minimum of 75% staff meetings annually
- Actively participates in the department’s continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities
Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred: Medical terminology within one year of hire. Experience with office/clerical setting in healthcare environment.
Active Basic Life Support (BLS)
For mor information, contact:
Shae Voigt, Coordinator – Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org | (541) 575-3820