As a Physical Therapist at Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) you will join rehabilitation department team that includes SLP, occupational and physical therapy services. This position is primarily outpatient with the ability to work partial hours in inpatient care. In both settings you will work 1 on 1 with your patients and will have time built into your schedule for documentation. We encourage continuing education with a stipend each year and trainings built into our therapist’s schedules. We are looking for a PT who is passionate about their profession and providing quality care in Grant County. Our ideal candidate will have broad experience/interest in neuro, vestibular, and ortho in the OP setting. Physical Therapist will perform duties as assigned for improving a patient’s function in skilled physical therapy care to restore patient’s function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities through a thorough evidence-based physical therapy evaluation, individualized plan of care, and skilled interventions. Physical therapists specialize in movement dysfunction, identifying the areas of concern and helping people to achieve their physical activity goals. The physical therapist will be part of the interdisciplinary team within Blue Mountain Hospital District’s inpatient and transitional care and outpatient services in the Rehabilitation Services Department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Performs thorough physical therapy evaluation, evidence-based plan or care, and skilled interventions, performing re-assessments and
required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Administers physical therapy interventions specific to the patient’s need, may include manual therapy, neuromuscular re-education, gait training, therapeutic activities, therapeutic exercises for example to achieve functional goals set at evaluation.
- Assure continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instruction to patients, families,
and caregivers in physical therapy recommendations, recommending and/or providing assistive equipment.
- Coordinates care with physician referrals and directs care independently with self-referrals
- Participates easily and effectively amongst the team of medical providers, understanding and knowing the role of inpatient,
transitional care, and outpatient services.
- May be required to direct treatment given by a physical therapy assistant.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications,
attending webinars, establishing professional networks, participates in professional organizations.
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the Rehabilitation Services Department as assigned by the Rehabilitation
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform within scope of practice
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Expresses excellent judgment, discretion and decision making abilities.
- Maintains a sensitive, fair and impartial approach to dealing with team members.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and positive patient experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements CMS, National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs), and continued readiness related to healthcare or hospital standards.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
Education, Experience & Certification/Licensure
- Bachelor’s Degree & Master’s or Doctorate Degree
- Graduate of an accredited school of physical therapy
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA).
- PT License in good standing with State of Oregon
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong physical therapy skills for the neurologically impaired patient population.
- Experience in vestibular rehab
- Experience in cardiac rehab
- Experience treating chronic pain
For More Information, Contact
Dalaney Tuholski, Human Resources Recruiter
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-640-6901
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce and Discover John Day pages at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/ and https://www.discoverjohnday.com/