City, State: John Day, Oregon – Strawberry Wilderness Community Clinic / Blue Mountain Hospital District
Blue Mountain Hospital District, a Rural Health Clinic and Critical Access Hospital, is seeking a MD or DO for a permanent physician opening. This is an opportunity to join a progressive rural health care organization and work with an experienced medical staff consisting of 5 Family Medicine Physicians, 2 Nurse Practitioners, 1 General Surgeon, and 2 CRNAs.
• Traditional Full Spectrum Family Medicine
• Duties consist of providing Clinic, Emergency Room, Hospital Inpatient, and Hospital Swing Bed care.
• Opportunities for administrative duties are available.
• The ideal candidate will possess or be willing to obtain current Oregon licensure, board certification, BLS, ACLS, ATLS, and PALS certifications.
• Emergency Room experience is a requirement.
• A high level of energy and ability to adjust to different paced environments and care settings is a plus.
• Candidates must exhibit behavior, which emphasizes integrity, trust, kindness, and concern for the community.
• 4 day weekly work schedule consisting of 3 days in clinic and 1 day of emergency room coverage
Compensation and Benefits Package:
• Base Clinic Salary Plus Additional ER Coverage Compensation
• Productivity, Quality, and Citizenship Bonus Potential
• Retirement Plan with Employer Match
• 6 Week’s Vacation + Holidays
• Generous CME Package
• National Health Service Corps and Internal Loan Repayment Opportunity
• Signing Bonus and Relocation Assistance
About Blue Mountain Hospital District:
• Blue Mountain Hospital District is a progressive health care organization consisting of a 25 bed critical access hospital, rural health clinic, home health and hospice agency, 40 bed care center, and ambulance service.
• The hospital has an average daily census of 6 patients, with an emergency room seeing an average of 11 patients per day. Clinic providers typically see 15-20 patients per clinic day.
• John Day is the largest community in Grant County, Oregon located in the east central part of the state. The county is supportive of the Hospital District. With approved District Tax support and the Blue Mountain Healthcare Foundation, the citizens continue to be partners in providing quality healthcare close to home.
• Grant County is home to some wonderful natural beauty and recreational opportunities including site-seeing, hiking, hunting, fishing, camping, and rafting. The Strawberry Mountain Wilderness, John Day River, Magone Lake, John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, and miles of National Forest land are all close to home.
Marcy Wasiluk – SWCC Director
180 Ford Road
John Day, OR 97845
Physician, MD, DO, Provider, Fa