Blue Mountain Hospital District, a Rural Health Clinic and Critical Access Hospital, is seeking a MD or DO for a permanent, full-time, full spectrum, board certified, family physician opening. This is an opportunity to join a progressive rural health care organization and work with an experienced medical staff consisting of five Medicine Physicians, two Nurse Practitioners, one General Surgeon, and two CRNA’s.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Traditional Full Spectrum Family Medicine
- Providing Clinic, Emergency Room, Hospital Inpatient, and Hospital Swing Bed care.
- Opportunities for administrative duties are available.
- A high level of energy and ability to adjust to different paced environments and care settings is a plus.
- Candidates must exhibit behavior, which emphasizes integrity, trust, kindness, and concern for the community.
- Work schedule consisting of two days in clinic and one, 24 hour shift of emergency room coverage a week, based on ER needs
- OB/C-Section call coverage is scheduled with all covering physicians in addition to above
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Competitive Salary to include Clinic and ER Coverage
- Extra compensation for OB/C-Section call
- Productivity, Quality, and Citizenship Bonus Potential
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- 6 Week’s Paid Vacation + Holidays
- Generous CME Package
- National Health Service Corps and Internal Loan Repayment Opportunity
- Signing Bonus and Relocation Assistance
- Great work life balance and amazing place to live
Experience & Certification/Licensure
- Current Oregon Licensure
- Board Certification
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Certification
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) Certification
- Emergency Room experience / training
- OB/C-Section experience / training
For More Information, Contact
Holly Thompson, Human Resources
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-575-3820
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Health Clinic, Home Health and Hospice team, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!