Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
The Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. This includes permanent and locums physicians, surgeons, and advanced practice providers.
Essential functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Maintains healthy relationships with managers to better understand the needs of their departments.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and organization needs.
- Work with various agencies to help provide locum coverage and temporary to permanent candidates.
- Responsible for the job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates the schedule, activities, and accommodations for all candidate visits. Provide a welcoming and informative visit, focusing on the needs of the candidate and their family members.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and HR team during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and further pertinent details.
- Prepares and presents a formal offer letter to successful candidates.
- Establishes contact with potential candidates to keep them apprised of job opportunities with the district.
- Promotes career opportunities with local high school students, local citizens, and current district staff to fill future staffing needs of the Health District.
- Keeps up to date on all trends and potential shortages in healthcare fields
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures for work areas.
- Maintains proficiency by attending trainings and meetings, reading materials, and meeting with others in areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Human Resources Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for various roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take the initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software and other recruitment systems/software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s Degree pertaining to Human Resources or Business Administration OR equivalent years of experience performing these essential functions and responsibilities
- 2+ years of recruiting experience, preferably in a Healthcare/Hospital setting or related experience.
- Previous experience recruiting for hospital and/or healthcare positions.
- SHRM Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential and/or general HR credentialing (SHRM-CP/SCP, PHR/SPHR)