Why Blue Mountain Hospital District?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, and an Intermediate Care Center. Join our family-like team in beautiful Eastern Oregon!
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in the Heart of Grant County in the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and lower lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
For more information on our Rural and Remote area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
The Clinical Specialist will work in a collaborative role with the Medical Director and Clinic Director to provide Medicare annual wellness visits, up to date evidenced based patient care standards, compliance with CMS and nurse staffing regulations. Works with department leads in choosing and performing continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities and with the Quality Improvement Specialist, helping with the clinical perspective.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of the BMHD.
- Assists the Medical Director in policy development, approval, and implementation.
- Collaborates with providers and clinic staff on quality improvement initiatives.
- Completes EHR updates for nursing, designs flow sheets, order sets etc., for improved documentation.
- Assists nursing staff and physicians with documentation in the EHR.
- Conducts chart audits for compliance with required documentation.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, attending webinars, establishing professional networks, participates in professional organizations.
- Assists with the interviewing and hiring process for new staff.
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the nursing.
- RN OB Establish Visits:
– Obtains history and checks for preferences
– Order routine prenatal labs
– Update charts as needed
– Patient education
– Rotate scheduling of Providers to keep deliveries equal
– Conduct Well Baby checks
- Diabetic Management/Instruction
- Urinary catheterizations
- Triage assessments with communication between hospital/clinic
- Assist Medical Assistants as needed
- IV starts for echoes
- Wound Care
- Individual Provider assistance as needed
- Maintaining PCPCH certs with Clinic Coordinator
- Life insurance exams/blood draws
- Coordination with DHS, community programs, and Grant County Health Department
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to keep organized records.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Expresses excellent judgment, discretion and decision making abilities.
- Maintains a sensitive, fair and impartial approach to dealing with employees.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and positive patient experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, CMS, National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs), and continued readiness related to healthcare or hospital standards.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
Required: Associate Degree in Nursing
Working experience in critical access hospital setting.
Understanding/experience of CMS regulations regarding critical access hospitals.
Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by American Heart Association (AHA).
RN License, in good standing with State of Oregon
BLS, ACLS, PALS
Valid Driver’s License
For mor information, contact:
Shae Voigt, Human Resources Coordinator
O: (541) 575-3820 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org