The Pharmacy Nurse will perform duties as assigned for a Drug Room by the Consultant Pharmacist in accordance with Oregon Board of Pharmacy Administrative Rules. The Pharmacy Nurse is responsible for the day to day running of the Drug Room Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Maintaining facilities medication supply; including but not limited to, ordering, distribution and stocking.
- Repackage and relabel medications for in-house use.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting QA data.
- Assist in quarterly and annual inventories as required.
- Educational updates, as required by the Board of Pharmacy.
- All duties and tasks will be supervised, initialed and documented when required by law, by the Consultant Pharmacist.
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the drug room as assigned by the Consultant Pharmacist and Nurse Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
Education, Experience & Certification/Licensure
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- RN License, in good standing with State of Oregon
- BLS Certification
For More Information, Contact
Dalaney Tuholski, Human Resources Recruiter
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-640-6901
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce and Discover John Day pages at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/ and https://www.discoverjohnday.com/