Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
Carries out nursing actions as defined in standards of care and Oregon Nurse Practice Act. Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility. Directly supervises and ensures competency of the CNA staff on a daily basis. Ensures that resident care flows as smoothly as possible on a daily basis, to meet urgent/emergent needs and expedite resident care. Maintains clinical skills by participating in direct resident care on a regular basis. Maintains good public relations by interacting with residents, visitors, physicians and other staff members in a considerate, respectful and professional manner. Functions as the patient’s advocate at all times. Evaluates the environment on an ongoing basis and intervenes as needed to ensure a safe environment for residents and staff.
Essentail Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other departments to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Assist with admissions and discharges as instructed by DNS.
- Assist with orientation of new employees and assure they are being trained appropriately and made to feel comfortable.
- Participate in survey (inspections) made by authorized government agencies.
- Develop work assignments, and/or assist staff nurses in completing and performing such tasks. Monitor absenteeism to ensure than an adequate number of nursing care personnel are on duty at all times. Report problem areas to the DNS.
- Monitor and/or perform medication passes and treatments to assure medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments are provided as scheduled i.e., checking to see if ted hose are in place. Accurately chart medications and treatments including prn’s with appropriate monitoring of outcome or response.
- Consult with the resident’s physician in planning resident care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc., as necessary. Participate in physician’s rounds as needed.
- Keep family and or resident’s guardian of problems, changes in condition and changes in orders along with appropriate documentation in chart.
- Provide appropriate assessment, interventions, follow-up and documentation when a resident experiences change in condition or skin and when resident meets criteria for alert monitoring. Provides appropriate assessment per alert monitoring including adding or resolving residents from monitoring when appropriate. Notifies family, physician, DNS, RCM and other staff as appropriate.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the DNS as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the Nursing Service Department.
- Reports all accidents, incidents, changes in resident status/condition/actions immediately. Document all pertinent information in chart and in 24 hour shift report. Provides RCM, DNS or Administrator only, with incident reports. Do not release to anyone else.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Assist in arranging appointments, transportation in conjunction with interdisciplinary team when necessary.
- Is familiar with and follows policy and procedures of facility to provide optimal care for the resident.
Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of output without sacrificing quality.
- Able to demonstrate and maintain consistent and efficient performance.
- Able to work with small products with repetitive motion and dexterity required.
Demonstrate ability to learn and maintain appropriate technical skills to effectively support the electronic record system.
- Displays a thorough understanding of electronic medical records and automated dispensing as relevant.
Establish & maintain solid work relationships, through communication, cooperation, and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
- Approachability – build rapport by making the effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers.
- Listening – practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
- Problem Solving – work with others to prevent problems & find a solution when issues arise.
Exhibit professional behavrio while being caring adn compassionate.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of the internal customer. Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern and respect for others. Act with the patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality – in accordance with the Oregon Board of Pharmacy, hospital and HIPAA regulations.
Effective Use of Resources
Maximize the resources while minimizing waste and controlling expenses. This includes the effective use of work time and supplies, working safely, following established work practices, and seeking ways to improve operations.
- Improvement – recommend procedures that reduce costs and streamline operations while improving quality.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional work area.
Self motivated and contribute to new ideas.
- Improvements – initiate improvements and apply new methods of working to help achieve goals.
- Learning on the go – develop an action plan when facing new problems, and be open to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
Required: Associates Degree from an accredited school of nursing
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Required: RN License, in good standing with State of Oregon
Preferred: BLS Certification