Staff Accountant – Business Office | Full-Time
The Staff Accountant (AP/Payroll) is primarily responsible for the preparation of Accounts Payable/Payroll is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices and payroll. This includes interacting with department managers to ensure accuracy of coding of invoices for accurate cost accounting and ensuring accuracy of timecard reviews. This position will also prepare monthly data analysis to provide information to the CFO and CEO regarding cost and payment trends in various departments and payroll costs. This position requires a high degree of multi-tasking, self-motivation, organizational and filing skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of professionalism.
The goal of the Staff Accountant (AP/Payroll) is to:
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices and accurate payroll entry and review.
- Understand cost accounting in a healthcare environment and prepare monthly data analysis on expenditure trends in various distinct hospital departments.
- Review invoices for compliance with vendor agreements and payment conditions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD).
- Analyzes and assesses Accounts Payable workflows, transactions, processes, and reports.
- Reviews all accounts payable invoices, check requests and/or travel reimbursement requests for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritizes accounts payable invoices according to payment terms and cash discount potential, recommending payment when appropriate.
- Matches all accounts payable invoices, check requests and/or travel reimbursement requests to checks, obtains all signatures required and distributes checks appropriately.
- Reconciles all vendor statements, researching and resolving any discrepancies.
- Accurately processes payroll timely in order to ensure direct deposits are deposited on pay day.
- Accurately processes all payroll withholdings to include liens, garnishments, accounts receivable deductions, insurance deductions, Foundation deductions, retirement deductions and/or other miscellaneous deductions. Processes and remits all amounts withheld within the time required/provided.
- Respond to all employee, department manager and/or vendor inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist in month-end closing and financial statement preparation as assigned.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Chief Financial Officer, administrative staff and co-workers.
- Prepares, reviews, interprets, analyzes, and validates expenditure reports and trends.
- Assists and participates in creation of training manuals and job aids for respective area(s) of expertise.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and/or webinars.
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the Finance Department as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality and positive patient experience.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- High work ethic, Low Absenteeism, attends staff meetings and other mandatory trainings as required.
Education, Experience & Certification/Licensure
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to type 50 words per minute with accuracy.
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable and/or Payroll experience; or combination of education, experience, or training.
- Clerical and Office experience in hospital or healthcare environment. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
For More Information, Contact
Dalaney Tuholski, Human Resources Recruiter
email@example.com | 541-640-6901
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce and Discover John Day pages at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/ and https://www.discoverjohnday.com/