Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
The Support Services aide works in laundry, dietary and/or housekeeping and is to follow established facility policies and procedures; in order to effectively perform duties assigned.
Follow all safety guidelines in accordance with current rules and regulations.
Support Services aide will adhere to appropriate precautions/techniques in each department in regards to hazardous chemicals, blood and body fluids, medical waste and/or equipment. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily cleaning is performed in accordance with rules and regulations; as well as district policy.
- Coordinates cleaning schedules with other departments, as necessary.
- Assures that adequate supplies are maintained in restrooms and common areas.
- Assists in demonstrating new products and cleaning techniques, as necessary.
- Performs regular inspections to assure clean and sanitary conditions are maintained.
- Ensures that all cleaning supplies are stored properly during the day and at the end of shift.
- Dust mop and wet mop floors when necessary.
- Thoroughly clean resident rooms and bathrooms on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Thoroughly clean a resident unit within a 24hr period after a resident is discharged, if possible.
- Maintain the lobby and other common areas in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Take cubicle curtains to laundry for cleaning every 6 months and replace them when finished.
- Wash all beds and mattresses on a regularly scheduled basis
- Thoroughly clean tub rooms on a regular schedule
- Clean employee breakroom, i.e., microwave and countertops
- Perform extra cleaning duties when requested from supervisor or other departments
- Handle food in accordance with sanitary regulations
- Prepares palatable food, appetizing in appearance
- Plans cooking schedule to have foods ready on time
- Prepares servings according to requirements
- Serves only foods specified by written modified diet lists
- Makes only authorized substitutions
- Serves food at the proper food temperature
- Sets up resident trays properly
- Prepares requested foods for employees and guests
- Regularly checks temperature of walk-in freezer, freezers, refrigerators, dishwasher, food and resident trays
- Takes residents meal orders daily; as requested
- Takes resident meal orders in a courteous manner
- Assists in the orientation and training of dietary department personnel
- Is cross-trained to other support service areas/positions to provide assistance, as needed
- Maintains census records and other required forms/paperwork
- Responsible for the care of all linens/laundry throughout the facility
- Handles the collection, sorting, washing, drying, folding and distribution of all laundry/linen according to established procedures
- Handles all bags of isolation linen properly
- Maintains knowledge on the use and storage of all chemicals/products used in the laundry department
- Handles soiled linens as well as clean linens according to regulations and facility policy
- Cleans and store equipment properly at the end of shift
- Empties lint from dryers on a regular basis for safety
- Operates all equipment in the respective departments according to established policies and
- procedures; reports any equipment failures or misuse to Manager of Support Services
- Records weight and other pertinent information of laundry department
- Assures an adequate supply of clean linen at all times
- Pull linen in need of mending or replacement
- Assures that work area/department is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner; reports safety concerns to Manager of Support Services
- Disposes of refuse daily in accordance with established sanitation procedures
- Keeps Manager of Support Services informed of supply needs
- Required to work weekends and holidays; varied shifts. Occasionally may need to work beyond normal working hours as workload necessitates.
For more information, contact:
Holly Thompson, Human Resources Generalist
email@example.com | (541) 575-3820