Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!
For more information on our area, visit our Grant County Chamber of Commerce page at: https://www.gcoregonlive.com/
The IT System Administrator (ISA) is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT department. This work includes
- Effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure for information technology systems.
- Responsible for the effective oversight of help desk support staff, including prioritizing and assigning work, performance management, employee relations, and related activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, implement, maintain, troubleshoot, and take the role of subject matter expert of all approved software applications, server infrastructure, and network appliances.
- Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of physical and virtual servers, including Windows and Linux systems.
- Effective implementation and maintenance of Windows via local and remote desktop and laptops.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Cloud services.
- Manage and maintain volume licensing for Microsoft Windows and other 3rd party software.
- Implement, maintain, and troubleshoot VOIP and SIP systems.
- Implement, maintain, and troubleshoot network switch, router, wireless, VPN, and Next-Generation firewall.
- Maintain, evaluate and manage storage systems including SAN and RAID.
- Ensure effective backup and restoration implementation.
- Optimize and ensure timely patching of all services.
- Serve as lead for internal security operations.
- Supervise the activities of on-site vendors and/or technicians.
- Keep up-to-date on new, emerging technologies.
- Act in the capacity of a project manager of new software and network initiatives.
- Recommend design solutions to meet business requirements.
- Implementing, administering, and evaluating projects and services impacting district operations from a technology services perspective.
- Maintain and test Disaster Recovery systems, including backups;
- Manages warranty and non-warranty service issues with third-party vendors
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Assess the need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Oversees inventory receiving for all computer-related inventory, manages IT asset inventory to include computers and OS/software licensing.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
- Researches hardware and software pricing, obtains quotes, and works with IT operating standards to make purchase recommendations to departments.
- Develop and document system standards for computer and network devices
- Creates and maintains documentation related to user support, including items such as current issues, troubleshooting guides
- Conduct and train new staff and interns in all relevant IT systems, provide ongoing training to staff as necessary;
- Manages the lifecycle of all help desk tickets, identifies and tracks trends, monitors customer service satisfaction, and prepares related reports.
- Responsible for the effective supervision of Service Desk and application support staff, including prioritizing and assigning work, performance management, employee relations, and related activities.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via self-service, telephone, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of associate issues.
- Provide full Tier support for redundancy and participate in on-call schedule rotation for after-hours support
- Participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of output without sacrificing quality.
- Able to demonstrate and maintain consistent and efficient performance.
- Able to work with small products with repetitive motion and dexterity required.
- Ability to determine the appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Completes annual education requirements.
Establish & maintain solid work relationships through communication, cooperation, and positive interaction with all employees, staff and physicians.
- Approachability – build rapport by making an effort to be cooperative and adaptive, put others at ease, and support co-workers.
- Listening – practice active listening; display patience when listening to the views of others, and discuss differing opinions with an open mind.
- Problem Solving – work with others to prevent problems & find a solution when issues arise.
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directives to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Staff meetings – Expected to attend departmental staff meetings and other meetings as required by administration.
- Able to collaborate with other departments and providers as needed to support the goals of the program (not sure on the way to say this to encompass IT collaborations).
Exhibit professional behavior while being caring and compassionate.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of the internal customer. Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern, and respect for others. Act with the patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Maintain confidentiality – in accordance with the hospital and HIPAA regulations.
- Demonstrate sensitivity, empathy, concern, and respect for others. Act with the patient care in mind, gain trust and respect by building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times on and off the job.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others, including physicians, nurses, administrators, managers, vendors, and other health care industry personnel.
- Neat & professional appearance.
- Problem Solving – seek to solve the problem or provide adequate resolution.
- Compromise when appropriate.
Effective Use of Resources
Maximize BMHD’s resources while minimizing waste and controlling expenses.
- Productivity – increase throughput and minimize waste of time and materials.
- Improvement – recommend procedures that reduce costs and streamline operations while improving quality.
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional work area.
Self-motivated and contribute to new ideas.
- Improvements – initiate improvements and apply new methods of working to help achieve goals.
- Learning on the go – develop an action plan when facing new problems, and be open to change.
- Seek to find the underlying root cause of problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Seek additional work to help co-workers, acquire additional skills, and promote efficiency.
- Application Support Technician
- Help Desk Technician.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands, and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Expresses excellent judgment, discretion, and decision-making abilities.
- Maintains a sensitive, fair, and impartial approach to dealing with employees.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety, quality, and positive patient experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, CMS – Conditions of Participation, National Patient Safety Goals, and continued readiness related to healthcare or hospital standards.
- High work ethic, low absenteeism, attends staff meetings and other mandatory training as required.
- Proven ability to communicate, present, and teach effectively in English, both in written and oral form.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate
- 3 years server/network administration
- 1 year end-user support desk
- 2 years Healthcare Environment
- Computer science or engineering degree
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience
Certification and Licensure
- Driver’s license in good standing
- A+ equivalent; Security+, Network+, or Server+