Under the supervision of the Dietician and Dietary Services Manager, the Cook/Aide performs a variety of food services, including serving food to employees, patients and visitors. The Cook/Aide obtains meal orders from patients and assists with meal preparation. The Cook/Aide is responsible for food preparation and the clean-up and stocking of the cafeteria and food preparation areas.
Essential Functions & Responsibilties
- Maintains serving line in a clean, neat and organized manner; requests replenishments as needed.
- Serves hot and cold food on serving lines to visitors and employees.
- Replenishes salad bar and keeps it clean.
- Makes coffee; ensures coffee machines stay full.
- Ensures all beverage containers are full, i.e. ice tea
- Wipes down tables and chairs in the cafeteria throughout the day with a hospital approved cleaner.
- Clears any soiled dishes, trash from tables.
- Clears, soiled dishes/trays; scrapes rese into garbage containers; loads dishes/trays onto cleaning racks; rinses dishes/utensils.
- Assists with meal preparation, i.e prepares desserts and side dishes.
- Disposes of trash/garbage in the appropriate manner.
- Loads and operates dishwasher: trays, dishes, cups, silverware; inspects cleaning to assure quality performance.
- Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Washes specified items by hand; pots, pans knives, etc.
- Cleans refrigerators, freezers and other cafeteria equipment.
- Puts away stock inventory; notifies supervisor when stock item needs ordered.
- Performs special cleaning duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
- Treats patients/families/visitors
- Observes infection prevention and control practices at all times; processes food items according to safe food handling practices.
- Operates equipment safely and correctly
- Supports and maintains a culture a safety and quality.
- Any additional duties pertaining to the daily operations of the Food Services Department as assigned by the Food Services Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Maintains self-motivation and sustains a high level of momentum.
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands and deadlines.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts.
- Must be extremely detail oriented and able to perform accurate and thorough recordkeeping.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, highly organized.
Education, Experience & Certification/Licensure
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Food Handlers Certification
- Working experience in food services
- Serve Safe Certification
For More Information, Contact
Holly Thompson, Human Resources
email@example.com | 541-575-3820
Why Blue Mountain Hospital District & Grant County?
The Blue Mountain Hospital District (BMHD) is located in Grant County, Oregon, at the heart of the John Day River, in beautiful, rural, Eastern Oregon. Our District is comprised of a Critical Access Hospital (CAH), Family & Rural Medicine Clinic, Home Health and Hospice, Emergency Medical Services, an Intermediate Care Center and all of the supporting ancillary departments necessary to care for the health and wellness of our community.
Our District spans from John Day to Prairie City, nestled in a valley surrounded by the Blue Mountains. The Strawberry Mountain Range and John Day River Valley offers a variety of outdoor activities, from abundant hiking/mountain biking/horse riding trails, to high and low lakes and ponds. Our area is known to be a “go to” place not just for recreation, but also for big game hunting and fishing!
Join our family-like team and settle into a lifestyle that is hard to beat!